fever occurs in children for various reasons. Although it may be a sign of an infection, it may sometimes be a transient thing that no need to worry about. It is important to know how to treat the fever in children so that you can act in conditions that require it. This article offers you dear readers how to treat the children’s fever at home, and when to consult your doctor.
Fever is a high temperature to 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit) or more. It is a natural response of the body to many variables. Sometimes we do not need to treat the heat in children and it may go away on its own. but there are other cases you need to be aware of, it may be more dangerous. The illness may not be serious if your child is still interested in playing, eating, drinking well, and if you find your baby smiling and has a normal skin color or looks good when the temperature drops. Also, do not worry too much about a child with the fever who does not want to eat. This is very common with infections that cause fever, for children who still drink and urinate naturally, and do not eat as much as usual.
When fever is a dangerous sign?
In healthy children, there may be no need for medical treatment for high temperature, however, high temperatures can make the child uncomfortable or suffering from dehydration. but one exception you need contact your doctor or emergency immediately if your baby is the three old or younger and has a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit) or higher. Fever In newborns may be a sign of serious infection. If your child is between four months or three years old and has a temperature of 39 degrees Celsius (102.2 degrees Fahrenheit) or higher, consult a doctor.
Some advice to treat the baby’s fever at home
• Keep light clothing on your child’s body and cover it with a light cover.
• Make sure the room temperature is normal, not hot or cold.
• Do not use rubbing alcohol. It may cause poisoning when absorbed through the skin.
• Ice packs or cold baths are not good. they can cause chills that can raise body temperature.
• If the child vomits or sufferers from diarrhea, ask your doctor if he needs a solution for diarrhea to compensate for the fluid lost by the body.
• The child must have the necessary rest at home, it is important to avoid activity and movement.
This are some article that you may like: